Sunday, December 2, 2012

Holiday Art Journal: Winter Playlist

What is your favorite music during the holiday season? I know for me, the Christmas Season becomes official when I hear Mannheim Steamroller.

Today is an exercise in layering for your art journal pages. I tore out images I liked from a few winter catalogs (Free People and Anthropologie, naturally!). I taped them down with double-sided tape, then topped with masking tape for a vintage scrapbook look.
Practice different fonts: type fonts and handwriting go well together. You can also play with all capitals and lowercase. Since I started art journaling, my handwriting has started to become more free.
Keep adding on notes and images--the different textures of lined paper, catalog images, and your notebook will give a cool dimension to your pages.
Don't be afraid to write directly on your images. Allow the eyes to roam around the page and list your thoughts--your favorite music, or maybe a memory the music conjures. If you make a mistake, simply cross it out and keep going--mistakes add character to your pages!

♥ Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...