Friday, December 14, 2012

Holiday Art Journal: Favorite Holiday Stories

There are so many beautiful stories that take place during the winter holiday season. For today, I encourage you to perhaps sit with a loved one and read together! 
I have a collection of winter books on my coffee table, but I think my favorite is Mary Engelbreit's "Twas the Night Before Christmas". It is beautiful and magical and it just brightens my day when I look at her charming illustrations.
For my journal I began with a checkered border that matched details in my book. You can use a copier to scan and print the cover or your favorite page, or perhaps take a photo of your book. The illustrations are so special, just the images can conjure happy memories.
On the second page, I mirrored the details from the book and journaled a bit. 
If you don't have a favorite book, I strongly encourage you to check out one of these:
--The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
--The Mitten by Jan Brett
--The Wild Christmas Reindeer by Jan Brett
--The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry
--A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

What are your favorite stories? I would especially love to find some that are Hanukkah-themed.

♥ Shannon

3 comments:

  1. There's a gorgeous Australian Christmas story called Wombat Divine that I adore. It's about a Wombat who wants to be in the nativity play, but he's not right for any of the parts. It's lovely. I bought a copy for each of my little cousins and they love it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhhh it sounds so cute!!! I'm going to look for it! Thank you so much for sharing!

      Delete
  2. Being One of prestigious office space for rent in Pune , Apeejay Business Center offers spacious and ergonomically designed executive office space on rent in pune and office on rent in pune .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...