Monday, December 24, 2012

Holiday Art Journal: Christmas Eve

I love the history of holidays.
Celebrating Christmas and winter holidays are especially fun because even today, they are like living in an Arthurian tale, and I'm a big nerdy lover of Arthurian tales. Candles, feasts, fire, dancing, music, singing--these current traditions all herald back to ancient celebrations.
I invite you to learn something new about Christmas, whether you celebrate it or not. If you do celebrate, maybe look up one of your favorite traditions. 
Today I began with a black and white chevron pattern on my page, as well as a pretty title. Christmas colors are a lovely compliment to black and white patterns. 
For my journal entry, I wrote what I had learned about Christmas customs. So fun and pretty!

What did you learn?

♥ Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...