Saturday, November 5, 2011

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Confession: sometimes I just like to whip this up for myself and eat it.

All of it.
It's so easy and so not bad for you!!

Ingredients:
10 ounces (one bag) spinach
1 tablespoon olive oil
14.5 ounces (one can) artichoke hearts
2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1-2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:
1. In frying pan, heat oil over med-high heat. Add spinach. Sauté until slightly wilted (3-5 minutes).

2. Put spinach and the rest of the ingredients into food processor or blender. Pulse until desired creaminess. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Yields about 2 cups of dip. I suggest serving it with chips or toasted bread. If you're feeling really fancy (Thanksgiving appetizers anyone?), serve with breadsticks and oil-cured olives. Yum!

And since there is no cheese or mayonnaise, it's super low in fat--but still delicious! Another win for vegan cuisine!

♥ Shannon

8 comments:

  1. Oh man! Spinach and artichoke dip is my absolute favorite! I am pinning this right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this recipe. It seems totally doable and nicely healthy!
    p.s. It was fun for me to find out you also play the piano. You should totally perform a recital. Even just one piece. It's such a high!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! That looks really good! I haven't had dairy in 3 weeks, so a "cheeseless" spinach dip sounds absolutely amazing right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so amazingly delicious. I love Spinach Artichoke dip. It's probably one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummmm. Although when I try to photograph dips they look awful, yours looks pretty good! I`m impressed. What a great way to use up spinach too. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...