Thursday, January 13, 2011

Good Practices: $100 -- Three Easy Ways!

So, this holiday season I was pulling all the stops for a bit of extra cash. I realized that there are some really brilliant ways to make money--with little or no effort! Each year, I plan on making $50-$150 each time I try one of these three things:

1. Yard Sale
I put very little effort into this one. Not only was I able to reduce some of the clutter in my house, but I made some spending cash off it as well! By practicing good advertising and presentation, with clear prices, and a few big ticket items (for me, the old CD player and some picture frames), you can walk away with some serious dough.

2. The Rewards Card
Seriously, all I have to do is spend money...and then I get a little spending bonus at the end of the year! Check with your bank to see what kinds of rewards program you are eligible for. Read the fine lines, of course. I earn 2 points for every dollar I spend as credit on my debit card. Just make sure you're paying off your card right away (interest rates on debt will totally cancel out your $150 end-of-year bonus, friends!).

3. Collecting Change
Images: 1 2 3
I suppose I have Matthew to thank for this one. The man leaves a trail of coins everywhere he goes--the dryer, the car, the bedroom floor, every chair/couch in the house...and I just squirrel it away and cash it in at the end of the year. It's so easy with Coinstar. Find locations near you and check out how the machine will pay up: it might be cash at the store with a 10% fee, or free if you get a gift card (Amazon, Borders, and Starbucks are just a few examples of gift card options). $100 for doing nothing.

So there you have it friends--three ways to make $100 (or more!). Go forth and spend.

Shannon

PS: If Matthew is reading this, of course I spent your change buying you a present!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...