Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday: Things to do to a T-Shirt

For this Tutorial Tuesday, I thought I'd show you the first of many DIY projects I'll be posting called "Things to do to a T-Shirt". This also falls nicely into the Project ReStyle category!
I thought I'd start out easy (for my sake more than yours!) by turning any t-shirt into a fun, disheveled scarf. 
All you need is a t-shirt and some scissors.
Step 1: Lay the t-shirt sideways and start cutting off strips. These can vary in size between one and two inches (or get creative and make them chunkier).
Step 2: Run your fingers across the strips, stretching the fabric and causing it to curl around itself.
 Step 3: Snip the loop to give yourself two ends.
Step 4: Keep going! I suggest keeping them a bit more organized than I did--this was a bit tangled by the time I was done!
Step 5: Start tying ends together to make super thin and long infinity loops. You can make one long one out of them all, or clump them in easier to manage bunches.
Step 6: Wrap them around at whatever lengths you like and enjoy your edgy self!

♥ Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...