Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday: Silver Bullet Necklace DIY

Are you ready for the full moon tonight? Everyone knows that silver is your best bet if you want to defend yourself from a werewolf. Best to be prepared. Fear not! I'm here to help.
Here's what you'll need:
--Non-lethal bullet (these come prepped for you at any Army Surplus store--complete with a hole pierced through the shell or a ring adhered to the top, seen above)
--Rope/String (hemp would be cool--very werewolf slayer-esque)
--Necklace clasps (although a good ol' knot will do in a pinch)
--Model paint (may I suggest chrome or silver over gray?)
--Paintbrush
Step 1: Paint your bullet. Let it dry, then scratch some of the paint off.
Step 2: Wrap your rope around the bullet however you like, then string remaining rope through loop (note, I used two strands because I liked how it looked)
Step 3: Fix your necklace clasps to the ends.
Step 4: Tighten (I used pliers, but that may have been overkill...)
Voila--you're ready should you come face to face with a bonified werewolf! Plus it just looks kind of cool, don't you think?

Here's a little lore for you:
--Werewolf mythology dates back to Ancient Greeks
--Traditionally, werewolves were created from the bite of another wolf--or a curse
--Full moons have been associated with temporary insanity (hence the term lunatic) and other magical incidents (you know, like becoming a werewolf)
--The October full moon is known as the Harvest Moon, or the Hunter's Moon

Shannon

2 comments:

  1. This is totally cute. I love it! And, I happen to have an Army surplus store right by my house. On my way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I can't decide whether I like this or the vampire-bite necklace better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...