Saturday, October 1, 2011

Halloween Wreath DIY

Happy October!
I'm amped, I don't know about you guys. I am starting out the season with a spooky wreath. Bonus: everything was thrifted--that's right, friends, it's time for a long overdue Project Restyle!
Here's what I used:
--Thrifted foam wreath
--Thrifted black garment
--Creature of the night
--Scissors
Step 1: Shred the garment. This can be totally messy!
Step 2: Start tying the shreds in knots around the wreath.
Keep the knots messy--almost mummy-esque.
Step 3: Add your creature of the night--bats, spiders, ravens, anything you like. I prefer haunted mansion-type decorations for Halloween, and not so much the gore themed decorations.
Step 4: Loop an extra piece of shredded fabric around the wreath and hang that baby! Enjoy!

♥ Shannon

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Definitely trying it out. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It only took about 10 minutes to make, too--so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!

    I just wanted to let you know I just wanted to let you know I've awarded you "The Versatile Blogger" Award on my blog. Please come check it out!

    http://amykaysway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...