Monday, September 19, 2011

Coconut Oatmeal

On crisp fall mornings, I love to warm up with some hearty oatmeal. My favorite thing to do is sweeten it with shredded coconut and top it with fall spices. Good and good for you!!
Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 serving oatmeal
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 dash nutmeg
1 dash cinnamon
Optional: nuts, raisins, favorite toppings

1. Prepare your favorite oatmeal as instructed (may I recommend McCann's Irish Oatmeal?)
2. For every serving, add 1/2 cup shredded coconut
3. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring lovingly, then remove from heat
4. Add 1 dash nutmeg and 1 dash cinnamon (2 dashes of pumpkin spice will also do! yum!)
5. Top with any favorites--I love walnuts and a splash of coconut milk

Oooohhh it's so easy to be vegan sometimes! Enjoy!

Also, did you see the first Blogiversary Giveaway? Only four days til fall....

♥ Shannon

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Oatmeal is my favorite; I actually had a strawberry and oatmeal smoothie for breakfast/lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum and yum... It's cooling down over here in London, UK so I hope to be eating this very soon!

    Birdie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know other people did this. I do it too! Unsweetened coconut is suprisingly sweet....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...