Sunday, July 17, 2011

National Gallery of Art

One of the items on my list of 27 Before 27 is to see something new on the East Coast before I leave. In my mind, I thought I'd take a trip or something, but I accidentally stumbled upon a real treasure--the National Gallery of Art.

I've never been much into art galleries (you've seen one image of the Madonna and you've seen 'em all, right?), but I stepped into the gallery to get out of the heat and lost myself in the amazing works housed there. Here are a few of my favorite things.
Right now there is also a special exhibit featuring works by John Taylor Arms. His gargoyle sketches blew my mind. I was scolded by a security guard for standing too close to one of them. No pictures allowed, but I urge you to visit if you get a chance.

(PS: Okay, T-Rex is in the Museum of Natural History, but I never go to DC without saying hi to him. Also, editing iPhone images made me realize I need to start carrying my own camera. Time to go shopping!)

♥ Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...