Friday, February 25, 2011

Good Practices: Crazy Sexy Juice

I first read about Kris Carr in VegNews magazine. The girl blew my mind. She was diagnosed with cancer and decided to turn her life around--and she turned countless lives around with her. She embraced a healthier lifestyle and created a crazy sexy empire!
The biggest takeaway I took from Kris was to start juicing it up! I encourage you to do the same. It is so easy, so healthy, and surprisingly tasty! The idea is to juice up your fruits and veggies to maximize your intake of vitamins, fiber, beta-carotene and more!

Here's a great recipe for easy, tasty juice--and it's only the beginning:

1/2 large cucumber (peeled if not organic)
1-2 apples/pears
1 head of broccoli
2 huge fistfuls (about 1/2 a bag) of spinach, romaine, or kale
3 large celery stalks
1/2 inch ginger root (or a spoonful of ginger)

Juice 'em up and squirt in some lemon juice. (If you've got picky eaters, use more fruit to sweeten it up.)

I've been drinking this daily and it gives me so much energy!

(Shhh, you can also freeze the leftover pulp and toss it into spaghetti, chili, or pizza sauce to amp up the fiber content...your kids/spouse won't even notice the difference!).

Check out the Crazy Sexy Community, drink your juice, and change your life!

 Shannon

2 comments:

  1. I've been doing green smoothies for about a week now and I am loving them! They make me feel so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw her smoothie recipe--I'm totally trying it next!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...