Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day: Not just for lovers!

There are a lot of people out there who hate on Valentine's Day, calling it a hallmark holiday, or feeling overwhelmed by their lack-of-significant-other. Well it just shouldn't be so! Allow me to illustrate why, via Instagram:

True, I was able to sneak in some cuddle time with my lover, but it was during a nap because he had class all day. Was I going to let that get me down? Never!

My sisters and I had a date. Bonnie had us over for dinner and a movie (she had never seen Love Actually, can you believe it?), Forest brought cherry Moscato and amazing vegan Red Velvet cupcakes & cake pops (eeep!). My mom sent us each a matching love shirt, as well as puppy love in the form of Doodles Weaver, Bonnie's little chihuahua-werewolf mix.

I think the most touching part of the day was when my dad surprised me with a Valentine card made out to his daughter and son-in-law.

Think of Valentine's Day as an excuse to have frilly fun just for the sake of it! Dote on friends, family, pets, and yes, if you have them, lovers. Who cares if it's a "Hallmark Holiday"--it's a chance to celebrate!

Now, if you missed your chance, fear not, for today is the Feast of Lupercalia! Now go offer your libations to the gods and have fun!

♥ Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...