Saturday, May 21, 2011

Art Journal: Then and Now

Matt's family has lived in their home for quite a few generations, so he is always discovering some awesome artifact from the 1800s or older. Anyway, recently they came upon this great old book and I recognized it immediately for what it was: a 19th Century Art Journal!!

I mean, these girls kept their musings, poetry, and inspirations in this book, along with illustrations and sometimes cut-outs! What else could you call it?

So I thought I would share a few of my recent art journal pages, too. I'm no Elizabeth Black, but I've been having fun just the same.

I hope you are having a lovely and inspired weekend!

♥ Shannon

3 comments:

  1. i love art journals :) i've been keeping a journal since i was 13 (i'm 20 now).. its gradually turning into more of an art journal :) I cant wait to get going on it later today! Isnt it lovely to see other peoples? I will be posting mine on my blog sometime soon, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing some of your pages, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a cool find. You are CLEARLY destined to be in that family :)


    That last picture is truly touching. The last sentence really grabbed me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...