Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Art Journal Travel Kit

Hi loves! Matt and I are getting ready for a little road trip, so I thought I'd share with you my tips for taking craft projects with you even when you travel.
As I've mentioned, I love love art journaling...
...but it can be a bit tricky to keep it up on a trip. So I've put together a little travel kit with my go-to art journaling favorites.
Kit Includes:
--Pencil Case
--Kid's Scissors (they're smaller and less expensive!)
--Double-sided table--refill only (it's smaller)
--Pens (Indian Ink, in my case)
--Paper Scraps (such a good use for these!)
--Washi tape
--Magazines (a travel must anyway!)
--Mini Journal (if you have the room for your normal journal, by all means bring it, but I often have a mini journal I'm working on anyway)

The great thing about traveling is that you'll pick up fun ephemera to put in the journal--maps, receipts, instant pictures, etc.! Happy Travels!


♥ Shannon

4 comments:

  1. They have cradled you in custom, they have primed you with their preaching,
    They have soaked you in convention through and through;
    They have put you in a showcase; you're a credit to their teaching -
    But can't you hear the Wild? - it's calling you.
    Let us probe the silent places, let us seek what luck betide us;
    Let us journey to a lonely land I know.
    There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us,
    And the Wild is calling, calling...let us go. Flights to Santiago

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Shannon!

    it's so nice to see your lovely art journal pages! I love having a travel kit for my journal too. I hardly leave home without it. I like to add a white pen, small watercolor kit, Koi watercolor brush (with a well for the water so you don't need a cup of water!) and sharpies. (i don't do the collaging as much so that's how I have space. :)

    Cheers
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...